Sunday, January 24, 2016

F.E.A.R. Diary - Part 1 - Procrastination

I played some more F.E.A.R. today. Really like the it. Its a traditional PC game. Its got quick save, checkpoint save and manual save. They don't make games like this anymore. When I first played the demo for this game in 2005, I waited to play the full version because at the time I was using a BFG GeForce FX5500OC AGP card. I could barely run the game on medium at 1024x768.

I waited longer than I intended. I moved to a different country, graduated college twice, got a job and in 2011, I installed the full version of F.E.A.R. for the first time. I was using an EVGA GeForce GTX 570 at the time, and I was thoroughly impressed by the graphics. I played it for a bit, and soon Battlefield 3 consumed my gaming, and I barely played any single player games once I got into Battlefield 3.

Soon after that it was Battlefield 4.

I finally started playing this game a few weeks ago, because my motherboard died, and I had to send it for repair, and I was looking to play a single player shooter. I downloaded F.E.A.R. again from Steam, restored the backed up save files and I resumed.

This time around, I had an EVGA GeForce GTX980. Not that it made any difference.

The game is still a lot of fun. The Steam version supports 2560x1440 resolution. Sort of. The game claims its unsupported, but it allows me to play it in this resolution.

F.E.A.R. has a Half-Life and Deus Ex vibe to it. I don't have much more to go. I will be done with it soon at this rate. Then I will move on to GTA4.

Some F.E.A.R. screenshots -





Quick save in an FPS game. This was before the Call of Duty epidemic.


TPS report in F.E.A.R. An homage to Office Space.


No comments:

Post a Comment