Sunday, January 24, 2016

Need For Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed Diary - Part 1

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Purchased this game in 2011 from NewEgg for $7.64 (including shipping). This was back when EA was still selling DVDs of their games, and Origin was in its infancy. 

I really enjoyed the first Shift game. When I found this game for cheap, I couldn't resist. So much so that I hadn't played it for 4 years. 

After 2500+ hours of  Battlefield (both 3 and 4), I want to get back into single player gaming again. Hence why I resumed F.E.A.R. as well. 

I think Shift 2 is definitely worth the $7 I paid for it. I am not sure I would pay anymore than that though. It has some extremely annoying design choices. Unskippable intro sequences before every race is definitely one of them. The developers, in their effort to create "an immersive" experience, managed to create an extremely annoying experience. Had I paid full price for this game, I would be even more annoyed.

Also, its not really a sim game. I not as much of an arcade racer as Need For Speed Most Wanted, but by no means is it a simulator. Don't let the marketing fool you. That doesn't make it a bad game though. Its still fun. As long as you paid no more than $7 for it. 

Well...

Someone at EA has a lens flare fetish

That attention to detail

No comments:

Post a Comment